The motorcycle Driving school DriveLab in Zug is the ideal school for everyone who wants to learn or improve motorcycling. We offer a variety of driving lessons and courses for beginners and advanced drivers. Our experienced and qualified instructors will teach you everything you need to know to drive safely and competently. With DriveLab you can realize your dream of riding a motorcycle!
up to 50cm³, 4kW and 45km/h
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Minimum age: 16 years up to 125cm³ and 11kW
- Basic course part 1,2 and 3 necessary
Category A 35 kW (limited)
up to 35kW and not more than 0.20kW per kilo of motorcycle
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Basic course part 1, 2 and 3 necessary
- If A1 is acquired before 31.12.2020 only 4 hrs. basic course necessary
over 35kW and more than 0.20kW per kg
- Minimum age: 18 years
- At least 2 years of uncomplaining driving experience on category A 35kW
- If you purchase A 35kW before 01.01.2021, you will receive category A as a gift after 2 years of uncomplaining driving experience.
- No more basic course necessary
Motorcycle Driving School Zug: Basic Course Course Content
DriveLab Motorcycle Driving School Zug – To make the driving license category A1, A 35KW limited or A unlimited, you need first a basic course PGS. This is divided into 3 parts, which all last 4 hours and must take place on different days. The following contents await you in the three courses:
Contents Motorcycle Driving School Zug: Basic Course Part 1
The first part of the PGS course is all about vehicle control. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Learn a measured use of gas, brake and clutch
- Track lane: maintain stability with your motorcycle at extra slow speeds
- Slalom: Train the agility with the motorcycle by driving through a tight slalom.
- Drive in a figure eight and show like vehicle control. The viewing technique is half the battle
- Increase your safety with a perfect emergency stop
Basic course part 2
The second part focuses on everyday traffic situations:
- Correct lane entry at light signals and without light signal
- Driving on junctions and traffic circles
- Brake readiness
- Appropriate design of the speed
- Mountain driving
- Pillion (riding in pairs)
Basic course part 3
In the last part of the PGS course, special traffic events await you:
- Sloping position: you practice the ideal cornering technique with an analysis
- Braking, dodging and accelerating
- Driving in groups
- Overtaking maneuver with the motorcycle
Register now for our next basic motorcycle course in Zug:
You can find more useful information about road safety on a motorcycle here.
Motorcycle Driving School Zug Prices
Basic course part 1,2 or 3
Price per course part. One part of the course consists of a block of 4 hours.
Motorcycle riding lesson
One lesson lasts 50 minutes
The lesson lasts 100 minutes
How to apply for your driver’s license for a motorcycle and what it costs.
The cost of a motorcycle driver’s license is as follows:
- Learner’s license in the canton of Zug: CHF 60.-
- 3 basic course modules: CHF 600.-
- 5 driving hours: CHF 500.-
- Examination fee Canton Zug: CHF 120.-
- Driver’s license canton Zug: CHF 50.-
All in all, the motorcycle driving license will cost you about CHF 1’330.-.
Depending on how many driving lessons you need and if you have the category A1 the costs can vary a bit.
It all starts with a completed form to apply for a learner’s permit. You can find the learner’s permit application for the canton of Zug here. If you have not yet taken a car test, you still need to take the emergency helper course and the sea test.
- Category A1: 4 months, extended for 12 months after the basic course. If you already have the category B, the validity ends after 4 months
- Category A 35kW: 4 months, extended for 12 months after the basic course. If you don’t have to do the basic course (A1), then the learner’s permit is valid for 12 months.
- Category A: 12 months
We recommend you to go through the exam quickly. Often the season is driven through with a learner’s permit and a new learner’s permit is purchased for the new season. Unfortunately, this only works twice. After that, you won’t get a learner’s permit. You also learn a lot about safety in driving school. Since riding a motorcycle is dangerous, it pays to complete the training early.
Why you need a driver’s license for a motorcycle
As described above, the required driver’s license category depends on the performance of the motorcycle.
Claudio Candinas: Driving instructor of the motorcycle driving school Zug
“With great pleasure I have been doing motorcycle driving school since 2002. So I live my passion in my job and always meet exciting people. I like the many success stories that I experience every day. As a motorcycle driving instructor, I strive for maximum safety and riding enjoyment. Because riding a motorcycle is not easy to get from A to B. The journey is the destination.”
The DriveLab Motorcycle Driving School Zug – the best choice for your driving license
In Switzerland, it is a dream for many people to be on the road by motorcycle one day. However, most do not want to go through the hassle and expense of a driving school. At the same time, DriveLab Motorcycle Driving School Zug offers everything you need to get your driver’s license: good training and great prices. Who decides for the motorcycle driving school Zug, gets an excellent theoretical and practical training.
The costs of the motorcycle driving school Zug are extremely fair – especially compared to other providers. For example, you can take the basic motorcycle course here for as little as 200 francs. If you choose a motorcycle driving school in Zug, you can be sure that you have made the best choice. Because the Motorcycle Driving School Zug offers not only comprehensive training, but also excellent support. This makes the Motorcycle Driving School Zug affordable even for budget-conscious customers. But also the offer of the motorcycle driving school Zug is absolutely convincing. For example, you can choose between different courses and also book individual lessons. Thus, the motorcycle driving school Zug is perfectly tailored to the needs of each individual customer. All in all, the Motorcycle Driving School Zug is the best choice for your driving license. It offers comprehensive training at fair prices and is perfectly tailored to the needs of each individual client. The driving school is very well equipped and the instructors are experienced and competent.